Maundy Thursday: 13th April
This year, instead of holding a Communion service in church, we are holding our Pesach meal on Maundy Thursday. Arrive any time from 7pm for a 7.30pm start. We celebrate a meal together, much as many Jewish families share their Passover (or Pesach) meal on this night. Woven into our celebration are some extra details, that make explicit how the Lord Jesus has brought this ancient family meal to its fulfilment. This is an event not to miss, but if you want to come you need to tell us for catering purposes. There is no charge, but we ask for donations to cover our costs.
The Pesach will be held in Woodlands Church Hall.
Good Friday: 14th April
In both churches, there are services to help us mark Good Friday.
- In Kemsing, there is an all-age service in the church at 9.30am. This lasts for about half an hour.
- There is then a service on Green Hill (by the cross) for both churches at 10.30am. This lasts for about 20 minutes.
- Everyone is then welcome back to Kemsing Church Hall for a drink and Hot Cross Buns.
- In the afternoon, there is a reflective service in Kemsing Church from 1.30pm until 3pm, featuring Scripture readings, hymns, items from the choir, short meditations led by members of the ministry team, prayers, and periods of silence.
Easter Day: 16th April
Easter Day is one of the high points of the year, and both churches celebrate Easter with great joy.
- 8.00 am. Kemsing. Traditional Communion Service
- 10.00 am Kemsing. All-Age Communion Service
- 11.30 am Woodlands. All-Age Communion Service
- 7.00 pm Kemsing. Easter Celebration - a mixture of joyful Easter hymns, readings, and Bach's Easter Cantata sung by your Festival Choir. This promises to be a great climax to the Easter weekend.